Emergency Dentistry in Concord NC
Although you should schedule routine dental exams and cleanings, you can’t plan for dental emergencies. Nobody should have to wait to relieve the discomfort of mouth pain or receive treatment after an accident or injury. What constitutes a dental emergency? Do you know who to call in the Concord NC area if you need an emergency dentist?
What Is a Dental Emergency?
When you’re injured or in pain, seconds matter. Dental emergencies happen when you experience pain or injury relating to your teeth or gums. Seeking immediate treatment can help you save your tooth, relieve pain and prevent further complications.
When Should You Call A Concord Emergency Dentist?
If you live in the Concord NC area, you should call Robert Rogers DDS emergency dentistry if any of the following situations occur:
- You have an unbearable toothache – Painkillers may help temporarily, but our staff can provide a proper evaluation to get to the root of the problem and provide immediate treatment.
- Something is stuck in your tooth – This isn’t always an emergency. However, if you’re unable to get a foreign object out of your gums or the space between your teeth and it is causing bleeding, pain or inflammation, contact our emergency dentist to avoid damage.
- A tooth is fractured – If your tooth cracks or chips, you may be able to salvage it. The sooner you visit a dentist in Concord with the fragments of your tooth, the better your chances are of saving your natural smile. A dentist can also determine whether nerves or roots are exposed and provide appropriate treatment.
- Lost filling – If you lose a filling from a molar, you might be able to wait a few days for an appointment. But if gap is obvious, sensitive or causing pain, contact Roger Roberts DDS right away.
- Lost or damaged crown – A lost or damaged crown can create a gap between teeth and collect bacteria and food particles. Emergency dentistry in Concord NC can restore your oral health quickly.
- Injury – If you knock out a tooth or experience physical trauma to the lips, gums or tongue, contact us immediately.
- Infection – An infection in your teeth or mouth can cause pain, swelling and pressure. Infection can also make the skin on your face red and hot to the touch. Catching and treating an infection early can bring you relief and prevent you from having to undergo other procedures.
If you have an underlying medical condition that could contribute to any of the above symptoms, visit a physician before seeking medical care. Life-threatening injuries or those that involve trauma to other parts of the body constitute a medical emergency. Call 911 or visit the emergency room.
Treatment as Soon as Possible
Robert Rogers DDS is a family dentistry practice that offers a wide variety of services. We treat everyone in the family and strive to accommodate your schedule. Our friendly and flexible staff aims to provide speedy treatment when you need it the most. Contact us at our Concord office to schedule an appointment or to get answers about our emergency dentistry services.